Terms and Conditions of Booking
Bookings placed form a contractual agreement between ‘you’, the customer and myself, David Parkes (X3589537L), trading as Tenerife Outdoors. By placing a booking you are indicating your acceptance of the following terms and conditions and where you are placing a booking on behalf of other people or other group members you are also indicating your group’s acceptance to them as well.
1. Unless otherwise stated all bookings are placed on a private booking basis, for a particular activity (walking, mountain biking, climbing, stargazing etc.) and are for a pre-agreed number of participants and for a pre-agreed fee.
2. Your party will be accompanied by a guide (myself or another in the event of illness or indisposition on my part) who will meet you at a pre-arranged location and travel with you to the start point of the activity. Your guide will speak English and Spanish, hold a current first aid qualification and possess the necessary skills to lead your activity with reasonable skill and care.
3. I accept no liability for death or personal injury except where caused by my own negligence or the negligence of my employees.
4. I accept no liability for any loss or damage to your personal property how so ever caused.
5. I accept no liability for any consquential loss or injury incurred by your participation or none participation in any of the activities you book, except as stated in paragraph (3). (For example, if you book a trek to a hotel, or have a flight or ferry to meet and we fail to reach your desintation in time, I am not liable for your out of pocket expenses.)
6. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the required fitness to complete the activity you have booked.
7. If is your responsibility to ensure you have all the items listed in the equipment list prior to departing on the trip. If you present yourself without the correct equipment, I or your guide, reserve the right to refuse to take you on the activity and no refunds will be offered.
8. It is your responsibility to ensure you have adequate mountain rescue, medical and repatriation insurance.
9. You must follow all safety instructions given to you by myself or your guide whilst participating in the activity. Failure to follow safety instructions will result in your trip being terminated and no refunds offered.
10. You must take care not to put yourself or other people at risk whilst participating in the activity.
11. You must take care not to damage the natural environment whilst participating in the activity and should obey any directions given you by myself or your guide in this respect.
12. Failure to comply with the responsibilities listed in paragraphs (6) - (11) shall be considered grounds for termination or curtailment of your trip and no refunds will be offered.
13. Duration, I aim to deliver an activity of 4-6 hours of duration, (4.5-7.5 hours in the case of Teide Ascents) including breaks for lunch, drinks and snacks. However, if conditions or your physical fitness mean we are unable to complete the desired activity within such a time frame, I (or your guide) reserve the right to curtail the activity, including but not limited to, asking you to make use of public transport (EG: Teide cable-car or TITSA bus service) at your expense so to return us to our vehicles or start point with-in a reasonable time frame.
14. The activity. I guarantee you a particular activity, not a particular route or destination. Mountain sports are such that weather conditions, rock falls, landslides, terrain, accidents, labour disputes, route closures and other incidents outside my control can interfere with objectives like reaching the top of a particular mountain, or walking a particular route. With this in mind if your original intentions are untenable, an alternative route or destination will be offered instead. No refunds will be offered should we be unable follow your desired route or reach your desired destination and no refunds will be offered if you refuse the alternative offered.
15. Payment, a deposit payment or full payment in advance will be required to reserve your trip. Where a deposit payment has been made, the balance will be due in cash on the day.
16. Cancellation, if you cancel your trip any monies or deposits paid in advance are forfeit. If I cancel your trip I will offer you a full refund of any monies paid.
17. Rescheduling, if you decide to reschedule your trip, I will, subject to availability, accommodate one change to your booking date, I will where possible transfer any advance payments onto this new date to avoid the need for you to pay twice, however, if as part of your trip we have contracted 3rd party services, including but not limited to, a minibus, a boat-taxi, a vineyard tour, alpine hut accommodation, then the money paid towards these 3rd party services will be subject to the refund policies of the 3rd party entity.
18. Force Majure. From time to time bad weather, rock falls, landslides, route closures, labour dispute, access restrictions and other incidents outside my control could interfere with your trip. In the first instance I will always try to offer you an alternative route, as detailed in paragraph (14), which you are obliged to accept or forfeit any monies paid. Where this is not possible (ie: where it would be dangerous to go out anywhere), or at my discretion, I will attempt to schedule your trip to a mutually convenient future date, or offer you a full refund of any monies paid.
19. Any disputes arising from this agreement shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Arona, Tenerife.